British Art Network Seminar Support.
Wednesday 29th March 2023
British Art Network Seminar Support
Deadline: Monday 17 April 2023, 12pm BST. Image The Emerging Curators Group at a Liverpool Visit in 2021-22.
Would you like to:
- Work towards developing / challenging / reforming an area of curatorial practice?
- Explore an issue in British art studies in the context of museums / galleries / collections / heritage settings?
- Ask questions you feel aren't being addressed in the field of British art curating?
Applications are open for funding of up to £1,000 to support a developmental workshop, seminar or roundtable, to be held between July and November 2023.
Who can apply?
You may be a curator, academic, artist-researcher, conservator, producer or programmer.
You may be working independently or in a museum, gallery or heritage setting, or you may be in the commercial sector or in education
You do not need to be a member of the British Art Network to apply for this support - although membership is always open and free and we encourage you to join by clicking here BAN NETWORK
Please note that this opportunity is not available to anyone currently in receipt of a BAN bursary.
What is BAN looking for?
- Sessions that will instigate conversation, incubate thinking, and help shape the future work of the Network.
- We are particularly interested in seeing proposals that address areas of curatorial practice in the field of British art which are under-represented within BAN's programme.
- Applicants willing to meet or exceed (with the BAN team's guidance and support where needed) BAN's baseline expectations on access provision, which includes using accessible venues, the provision of captions for online/recorded content, alt text for digital images, and requirements around event timings and structure.
- Sessions could be in-person, hybrid (mixing live and digital elements) or fully online
- Sessions expected to be on a modest scale (eg 10-15 participants over half a day) and sector-facing rather than aimed at the wider general public.
How would I be supported?
- You would receive support from the BAN Convenor to refine your plan and from the wider BAN team around access provision, marketing and risk management/safeguarding.
- Organisers not in employment can apply for a £300 honorarium reflecting their contribution.
- The British Art Network has budget available to support organisers with access requirements on things such as support workers, BSL interpretation and beyond. Do please get in touch if you would like to discuss your requirements ahead of application.